Saturday, November 24, 2007

Life

Every now and again I get very discouraged when I think about the future. Mainly because I let the pressures of life weigh me down. I am not discouraged with where I see me life going, in fact, I get pumped up and really ENcouraged when I think about it. God is doing some great things in my life right now! I get discouraged, though, when I see where my life needs to be and how far I have to go to get there. I begin to think its all up to me. Life ceases to be a day by day walk with the Lord and becomes all about me!

This reflects grossly wrong thinking. We are told in Matthew not to worry about tomorrow, to take it day by day. God has brought me this far, is He just going to quit now? Of course not! Why I would, for one second, doubt the Lords faithfulness and cease trusting Him completely with my future, I do not know. But I do sometimes.

This is why I am so thankful for friends who encourage me and also for blogs. Many times, when I get discouraged, I can read what other people are going through, and also what God taught them through it. Many pastors and men of God write about things they go through, and we can glean from their wisdom, for free...anytime! Praise the Lord for honesty!

No comments: