Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Meetings, Meetings, Meetings

First of all, let me give a hand to Jon, the digital arts pastor of Freedom Church! Although he may not be the best with a marker, anything he touches on a computer looks amazing! I know he will do a phenomenal job making Freedom look great!

On another note, the last couple of days have been filled with little but meetings. I am learning the art and value of networking! I am also meeting some great people. Yesterday we were able to have lunch with Michael Lucaszewski , one of the pastors of Oak Leaf Church in Cartersville. He was nice enough to give us two hours of his time so that we could just bombard him with questions. It was a good meeting. I was the official scribe, writing down anything and everything from the meeting. Later in the afternoon we meet with Tommy Allegood, mayor of Acworth. He is such a nice guy! It will be great to partner with him as we get in to the community. Today we had another meeting with a contact at FBC Woodstock. Can I just say that I am so grateful for nice people that will buy you lunch! I have eaten out 3 times in the last 24 hours and all three times, people have paid for it. What a blessing for a poor college bum like me! All in all, they have been good meetings, and it looks like we will have several more before the week is over.

No comments: