Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Who I Am

The Last few days God has really been dealing with me about truly being comfortable with who I am; being comfortable with who God has made me to be and not trying to be someone else. I constantly struggle with comparing myself with other people and their abilities and not just resting in who God has made me and who I am in Christ.

I was encouraged tonight by JR's post about Authenticity in which he said that authenticity is:

"...about being comfortable with who you are. Being comfortable with who God has created you to be. Our identity is not found in what others may think or say about us….our identity is determined by what Christ has already declared us to be. There is a lot of freedom in that. Continuously living in that reality is the hard part."

God help me to live in this freedom!

No comments: