Friday, June 15, 2007

The Square.

Last evening myself and two of my closest friends Dan Audia and Jared Eubanks met in Marietta square to catch up and just talk. It was a great time! I am constantly encouraged by them. I love to know that I have friends that will stand by me no matter what and are always there to pray for me and encourage me. Rarely do I ever spend time with these guys and not leave feeling extremely encouraged. Thanks, guys, for your constant encouragement and friendship! It is much appreciated!

Before we met, I was able to sit in the Square and begin reading Jonathan Edwards: Personal Narrative. It was recommended to me by a friend this past spring and so far, it has been a blessing. I am only about half way through but I have already been encouraged by his description of his relationship with Christ. He makes Statements like:

"And my mind was greatly engaged, to spend my time in reading and meditating on Christ; and the beauty and excellence of his person, and the lovely way of salvation, by free grace in him. I found no books so delightful to me, as those that treated of these subjects."

"Spent most of my time in walking alone in the woods, and solitary places, for meditation, soliloquy and prayer, and converse with God...Prayer seemed to be natural to me; as the breath, by which the inward burnings of my heart had vent."

This man had a vibrant relationship with the father; a relationship that truly encompassed his whole life, as it should ours. This is something that I have been desiring for my own life and one that I am also reading about in The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence. I would long that my prayers would be as "natural to me; as the breath, by which the inward burnings of my heart had vent."

No comments: