Friday, February 15, 2008

They're Watching

"Everything you do teaches somebody something!"
-Dr. Jimmy Scroggins

I heard this quote the other day and thought it was really great! I think I see the truth in this quote so vividly because I see it so clearly in myself. When I was growing up I was ALWAYS watching someone. I was always watching to see how someone would respond to different situations or even in conversations. I know how closely I watched other people and therefore know that there are others watching me.

This is one of the main reasons why personal integrity is so important. Someone is ALWAYS watching and learning! The Lord sees all we do and this alone is reason enough to strive for integrity, but also everyone around you is influenced by the things you do and the decisions you make! In the end, our drive should be to please God and everything else will flow out of that. Our motivations should come from seeking to please the Lord and not man, but let us never forget that people are watching and learning from everything we do!

No comments: